Maximize Your Visibility at the NTA Annual Convention
With the Foundation’s Silent & Live Auctions
Donating to the National Tourism Foundation’s auctions is a
great way to get your company, service or location
incredible exposure in front of more than 3,000 travel and
tourism professionals. Your tax-deductible donation
will help the Foundation raise funds that directly support
high school and college scholarships, graduate grants,
educational programs, research studies, public
service announcements, and much, much more. All of these
projects are designed to enhance the overall quality of
educational opportunities for both established industry
professionals and the workforce of the future.
All donations will appear in one of the three following
categories and receive the benefits of that category. For
more information call 800-682-8886, ext. 4251.
SILENT AUCTION FINALE & LIVE AUCTION
In addition to the various items appearing in the silent
auction throughout the week, certain items may be selected
to be featured in the National Tourism Foundation’s Live
Auction or Silent Auction Finale. These items, chosen for
their uniqueness, general appeal and excitement will
receive extra exposure throughout the convention week.
All donations will be considered for the Live Auction and
Silent Auction Finale, based upon uniqueness, general
appeal, value to bidder and overall retail value, but no
guarantees will be made. However, items meeting the
following guidelines will be guaranteed a position in
either the Live Auction or Silent Auction Finale:
- Coverage in the official Auction Catalog (or its
addendum) containing all pertinent item and donor
- Coverage on NTA’s and NTF’s Web sites.
- Display space throughout the week of the convention.
- Silent Partner ribbon attached to name badge,
designating individual as NTF donor.
- Listing as NTF Silent Partner, circulated in Courier
- Coverage, as space permits, in auction mailings and
other promotional pieces.
- Donors contributing a package valued at $1,000 or
higher will receive an invitation to the exclusive High
Bidders Club Reception, prior to the Live Auction, to
network with the 1999 auction high bidders.
Silent Auction Finale
In addition to Silent Auction benefits:
- Group Travel Packages valued at $30,000 and above
- Mini Vacations valued at $10,000 and above
In addition to Silent Auction and Silent Auction Finale
- Item will be auctioned live at the conclusion of the
- Individual display space provided for finale items as a
group within the auction display area. (Size of area to be
determined. Selected donors will be notified.)
- Donor may submit a two- to three-minute video (standard
VHS) for use in the Live Auction display area. This tape
will be combined with all others and shown throughout the
week. Item and donor will get coverage in a special flyer
to be distributed on-site.
- Donor may provide flyers or brochures to be distributed
at the display area.
- Donors may have their business’ online link next to
their item in NTA Online, so that browsers can have a
direct link to the donor’s web site. (October-November
- Invitation to exclusive High Bidders Club Reception,
prior to the Live Auction, to network with the 1999 auction
For additional information on the Foundation and its Silent
& Live Auctions, contact the Foundation at 800-682-8886,
- Item/package promoted on-stage during its Live Auction
- Special notice in Tuesday newsletter announcing Live
- Opportunity to submit logo to appear in the official