All donations must arrive at the Foundation by Sept.
26, 2003, to be listed in the auction catalog. Incomplete
items and those arriving after this date may appear in the
addendum. All certificates must be valid through December
2004, unless seasonal.
- Items must have a minimum retail value of $50
- Donor forms, tangible items, gift certificates and
displays received after Sept. 26, 2003, along with
any incomplete items may not appear in the official
auction catalog or receive additional publicity. Donations
arriving after Sept. 26, 2003, as well as those that are
incomplete may appear in the catalog addendum, which will
be printed at the NTA Convention in Charlotte.
- The Foundation retains the right to return any
donations deemed inappropriate or not meeting specified
requirements. The Foundation will notify the donor of such
items before the item is returned.
- In order for the Foundation to return any display
items, a box and packing material must accompany the
- The Foundation recommends that all items and
certificates be shipped via parcel or carrier service.
- All donor forms, items, correspondence and questions
should be directed to the National Tourism Foundation
Auctions, 546 E. Main St., Lexington, KY 40508; 800-682-
8886; Fax: 859-226-4437.
Tangible items include framed art, wine and culinary,
handcrafted originals, regional potpourri, sports
memorabilia and equipment, etc.
- Used items, unless qualified as genuine antiques, are
- Donors are encouraged to submit brochures from their
company for presentation to buyers.
- The item donated will serve as the display. Donors of
travel packages, etc., may submit a separate display. The
suggested size is no larger than 12 by 18 inches and the
display must be free standing. Items that must be
assembled for display are the responsibility of the donor.
Prior arrangement must be made with the Foundation for
setup at the NTA Convention.
GROUP TOUR PACKAGES & COMPONENTS
- Group tour packages must accommodate a minimum of
- All components of the package, including hotel
accommodations, admission tickets, transportation, etc.,
must be available through December 2004 or clearly
state specific tour dates, special events or seasonal
- Donation must be accompanied by a gift certificate or
the like on company letterhead and must clearly specify
all components of the package, dates, name of contact
person and information necessary for the buyer to redeem
- All-inclusive group tour packages with a minimum
retail value of $30,000 will be featured in the Live
MINI-VACATIONS, TRAVEL, ATTRACTIONS, & LODGING
- Mini-vacations must have a minimum retail value of
$300 (U.S.) and include at least two nights’
accommodations and other “vacation” oriented components,
including attractions, sightseeing, dinners, etc.
- All components of the package must be available
through December 2004 with all details, dates,
special events and information necessary to redeem the
package clearly stated on the certificates or company
In addition to the various items appearing in the Silent
Auction throughout the week, certain items may be selected
for the Foundation’s Live Auction. These items, chosen for
their uniqueness, general appeal, value to the bidder,
overall retail value and excitement are highlighted in
separate promotional materials, as well as in a separate
display area adjacent to the Silent Auction. All donations
will be considered for the Live Auction, but no guarantees
will be made. However, group tour packages with a minimum
retail value of $30,000 and mini-vacations with a minimum
retail value of $10,000 will be guaranteed a Live Auction
PACKING & SHIPPING
For best results, it is highly recommended that you
consult with a professional packing company or postal
representative prior to shipping any items. Please refer
to the following suggestions when packing your item:
- Use corrugated (2-ply) cardboard boxes and make sure
all flaps, top and bottom, are secured and taped
- Remove any old address labels or other previous
- Items should be securely cushioned, preventing
movement but absorbing shock
- Assume everything is breakable -- clearly mark package
SPECIAL CARE SHOULD BE TAKEN WHEN PACKING FRAMED ART
- Edges should be protected from impact
- Glass should be taped in an “X” shape with masking or
water resistant tape
- Frame should be surrounded by bubble wrap or foam, and
then put in a cardboard box
Certain contributions to the National Tourism Foundation
are deductible due to its nonprofit 501(c)(3) status. The
tax laws regarding the tax-deductibility of charitable
contributions are often complex. The Foundation suggests
that you consult a tax advisor or other trained agent to
determine the deductible amount, if any, for your donation.
The National Tourism Foundation was created to benefit
society through the support of education and research
contributing to the values of travel and tourism. All
proceeds from the silent and live auctions benefit the
Foundation and its programs.
National Tourism Foundation Auctions, 546 E. Main St.,
Lexington, KY 40508 · 800-682-8886 · Fax: 859-226-4437