About the National Tourism Foundation Internship
Each year, the Foundation is seeks two students pursuing
degrees that are travel and tourism-related. The
applicants must also have excellent written, oral and
interpersonal skills. The internship includes:
The internships run from August through December. Schools
are contacted in the spring of each year, and information
will also be posted on NTF Online.
The Foundation’s internships require that the applicants
reside in Lexington, Ky., from August to December to work
at the National Tourism Foundation’s headquarters. A
$3,000 personal stipend is awarded to the recipient to
offset travel and lodging expenses while in Lexington.
Complete applications include the following:
- A $3,000 personal stipend to offset travel and lodging
expenses while in Lexington, Kentucky.
- Travel to the National Tour Association (NTA) Annual
Convention in November. (This element of the internship
package is valued at $3,000.)
- Opportunities to meet and work with the tourism
industry’s leading professionals.
- Experience in convention and event planning and
- The experience of working as part of the NTA staff -
the premier packaged travel association in North America.
- A typed résumé
- Any work or internship experience in travel and tourism
- Any extracurricular or volunteer experience
- A completed copy of the National Tourism
Foundation Internship Application which will be
distribited to schools and made available on NTF Online.